The Chapel at Croton Falls
Next Interfaith Sunday
Sunday, Nov. 18 – 10:30-12:00
Our annual Interfaith Sunday Brunch will be held in the beautiful Chapel sanctuary. Bring a dish if you like or just show up and enjoy the feast.
Come and share the bounty!
If you are a spiritual seeker, you will enjoy the unique experience of our thoughtful, interactive and joy-filled Interfaith Sundays.
Refreshments are served following the service. Ceremonies and interfaith services are always free, but donations are gratefully appreciated.
Coming Interfaith Sunday
Sunday, Dec. 16 – WINTER SOLSTIC MAGIC – 6:00-7:30pm
The annual Winter Solstice celebration at the Chapel at Croton Falls promises music, magic and mystery.
The Chapel hosts monthly Interfaith Sundays, usually on the third Sunday morning of the month. But the solstice service is always held in the evening, so that the darkened church can be filled with the light from our candles and the glorious Christmas tree donated each year by the Outhouse family.
This year’s special guests will include: transcendent songstress Kristin Hoffmann; multi-instrumentalist flute player Premik Russell Tubbs; guitarist Erik Rabasca of the Light Warriors; Bear Walker, holistic healer and Native American medicine man; and Westchester Spirited Drumming, a local group open to all. Members of the Chapel’s interfaith team will add to the magic
All ages are invited to bring a drum or a rattle to help us to call in the light!
The Chapel at Croton Falls has been hosting monthly interfaith Sundays since November 2010.
Every one of our services has been profound, joyful and unique.
All who attend enjoy these services, which include many forms of worship including drumming, chanting, meditation, prayer and movement. These elements, in harmony with one another around a central theme, always weave a sparkling whole, rich with meaning.
Presenters who have blessed us by sharing there wisdom have included:
- Bear Walker (Native American)
- Rabbi Susan Mitrani-Knapp (Jewish)
- Professor Susan Ironbiter (Buddhist)
- Rev. Melanie Gambino (Interfaith)
- Rev. Hans Hallundbaek (Christian)
- Rona Levine (Yoga)
- Professor Neela Saxena (Hindu)
- Renuka Kumar (Hindu)
- Rev. Patrick McCollum (Wiccan)
- Rev. David James (Christian)
- Fr. James Channan (Catholic) (Pakistan)
- Rabbi Roger Ross (Jewish)
- Amb. Mussie Hailu (Orthodox Christian) (Ethiopia)
- Dr. Jude Currivan, Author of “The Cosmic Hologram”
- Ben Bowler (Urantia Book), Founder of www.1God.com
- Grandmother Nancy Andry (Algonquin-Metis Tradition)
- Ven. Bikkhu Bodhi (Buddhist)
- Kulavadhuta Satpurananda (Tantric)
- Dr. Dorothy Maver (Ageless Wisdom)
- Pamela Yager (Quaker)
- Mindahi Bastida (Otomi-Toltec)
- Dr. Kurt Johnson (Integral)
In addition, we have had wonderful music and presentations by:
- Miriam “Sita” Zernis (Kirtan)
- Chris Farrell (Piano)
- VivaStrings! (Student musicians from John Jay Middle School)
- Paul and Kathy Storfer (Guitar and voice)
- Dr. John Dubberstein (Sitar)
- Sylvia Bullett (Flute)
- Justin Pucila (Guitar)
- June Tompkins (Organ)
- Linda Law as The Green Woman
- Biswadeb Chakraborty (Tabla)
Interfaith Sundays at the Chapel offer a place to gather in worship with open minds and open hearts. Together, we are blazing new territory as a spiritual community of the 21st century.
Won’t you join us?
The Presbyterian Church (USA) at Croton Falls
P.O. Box 321 – 609, Route 22
Croton Falls NY 10519
June Tompkins, Acting Pastor
We would love to hear from you.