The Chapel at Croton Falls
Next Interfaith Sunday
Sunday, Jan. 20 – I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings: A Celebration of Freedom
Dr. Hans B. Hallundbaek, Presbyterian Prison Partnership
Katherine Vockins, Rehabilitation Through the Arts
Rev. George Cook
If you are a spiritual seeker, you will enjoy the unique experience of our thoughtful, interactive and joy-filled Interfaith Sundays.
Refreshments are served following the service. Ceremonies and interfaith services are always free, but donations are gratefully appreciated.
Coming Interfaith Sunday
FEB. 17 TBD
Sunday, Jan. 20 – TBD
The Chapel at Croton Falls has been hosting monthly interfaith Sundays since November 2010.
Every one of our services has been profound, joyful and unique.
All who attend enjoy these services, which include many forms of worship including drumming, chanting, meditation, prayer and movement. These elements, in harmony with one another around a central theme, always weave a sparkling whole, rich with meaning.
Presenters who have blessed us by sharing there wisdom have included:
- Bear Walker (Native American)
- Rabbi Susan Mitrani-Knapp (Jewish)
- Professor Susan Ironbiter (Buddhist)
- Rev. Melanie Gambino (Interfaith)
- Rev. Hans Hallundbaek (Christian)
- Rona Levine (Yoga)
- Professor Neela Saxena (Hindu)
- Renuka Kumar (Hindu)
- Rev. Patrick McCollum (Wiccan)
- Rev. David James (Christian)
- Fr. James Channan (Catholic) (Pakistan)
- Rabbi Roger Ross (Jewish)
- Amb. Mussie Hailu (Orthodox Christian) (Ethiopia)
- Dr. Jude Currivan, Author of “The Cosmic Hologram”
- Ben Bowler (Urantia Book), Founder of www.1God.com
- Grandmother Nancy Andry (Algonquin-Metis Tradition)
- Ven. Bikkhu Bodhi (Buddhist)
- Kulavadhuta Satpurananda (Tantric)
- Dr. Dorothy Maver (Ageless Wisdom)
- Pamela Yager (Quaker)
- Mindahi Bastida (Otomi-Toltec)
- Dr. Kurt Johnson (Integral)
In addition, we have had wonderful music and presentations by:
- Miriam “Sita” Zernis (Kirtan)
- Chris Farrell (Piano)
- VivaStrings! (Student musicians from John Jay Middle School)
- Paul and Kathy Storfer (Guitar and voice)
- Dr. John Dubberstein (Sitar)
- Sylvia Bullett (Flute)
- Justin Pucila (Guitar)
- June Tompkins (Organ)
- Linda Law as The Green Woman
- Biswadeb Chakraborty (Tabla)
Interfaith Sundays at the Chapel offer a place to gather in worship with open minds and open hearts. Together, we are blazing new territory as a spiritual community of the 21st century.
Won’t you join us?
The Presbyterian Church (USA) at Croton Falls
P.O. Box 321 – 609, Route 22
Croton Falls NY 10519
June Tompkins, Acting Pastor
We would love to hear from you.