The Chapel at Croton Falls
Next Interfaith Sunday
Sunday, October 15 – Dorothy J. Maver, Ph.D.
“Ageless Wisdom for Turbulent Times”
Dot Maver is an educator and peacebuilder whose keynote is inspiring cooperation on behalf of the common good. Dot is a Founding Trustee of the National Peace Academy USA, and is a founder and board member of the Global Alliance for Ministries and Infrastructures of Peace and the River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding and a co-founder of the Seven Rays Institute and the University of the Seven Rays. Her work in education, politics and grassroots community organizing is focused on applied peacebuilding utilizing a shared responsibility and shared leadership model. Dot served as Executive Director of The Peace Alliance and Campaign for a US Department of Peace. She is co-author of the book Conscious Education: The Bridge to Freedom; is a Fellow with the World Business Academy; and serves on the International Cities of Peace Advisory Council. The wellspring for her is the Ageless Wisdom at the heart of all the great traditions.
We will also enjoy the timeless music of Chris Farrell on piano. See www.soundsofpeace.com
If you are a spiritual seeker, you will enjoy the unique experience of our thoughtful, interactive and joy-filled Interfaith Sundays.
Refreshments are served following the service. Ceremonies and interfaith services are always free, but donations are gratefully appreciated.
Coming Interfaith Sundays
Sunday, November 19 – Interfaith Community Brunch – 10:30-12:00
Our Community Brunch takes place in the Sanctuary. It is rich with the nourishment of an opulent potluck and interfaith wisdom.
Please come and break bread (or whatever you prefer!) at this very special meal.
Sunday Evening, December 17 – Winter Solstice at 7:00pm
Starring transcendent songstress Kristin Hoffmann. See www.kristinhoffman.com
Join us to drum in the light at this magical celebration.
The Chapel at Croton Falls has been hosting monthly interfaith Sundays since November 2010.
Every one of our services has been profound, joyful and unique.
All who attend enjoy these services, which include many forms of worship including drumming, chanting, meditation, prayer and movement. These elements, in harmony with one another around a central theme, always weave a sparkling whole, rich with meaning.
Presenters who have blessed us by sharing there wisdom have included:
- Bear Walker (Native American)
- Rabbi Susan Mitrani-Knapp (Jewish)
- Professor Susan Ironbiter (Buddhist)
- Rev. Melanie Gambino (Interfaith)
- Rev. Hans Hallundbaek (Christian)
- Rona Levine (Yoga)
- Professor Neela Saxena (Hindu)
- Renuka Kumar (Hindu)
- Rev. Patrick McCollum (Wiccan)
- Rev. David James (Christian)
- Fr. James Channan (Catholic) (Pakistan)
- Rabbi Roger Ross (Jewish)
- Amb. Mussie Hailu (Orthodox Christian) (Ethiopia)
- Dr. Jude Currivan, Author of “The Cosmic Hologram”
- Ben Bowler (Urantia Book), Founder of www.1God.com
- Grandmother Nancy Andry (Algonquin-Metis Tradition)
- Ven. Bikkhu Bodhi (Buddhist)
- Kulavadhuta Satpurananda (Tantric)
In addition, we have had wonderful music and presentations by:
- Miriam “Sita” Zernis (Kirtan)
- Chris Farrell (Piano)
- VivaStrings! (Student musicians from John Jay Middle School)
- Paul and Kathy Storfer (Guitar and voice)
- Dr. John Dubberstein (Sitar)
- Sylvia Bullett (Flute)
- Justin Pucila (Guitar)
- June Tompkins (Organ)
- Linda Law as The Green Woman
Interfaith Sundays at the Chapel offer a place to gather in worship with open minds and open hearts. Together, we are blazing new territory as a spiritual community of the 21st century.
Won’t you join us?
The Presbyterian Church (USA) at Croton Falls
P.O. Box 321 – 609, Route 22
Croton Falls NY 10519
914-277-4432, Pastor’s office: 914-263-2165
Terri Stockburger, Clerk of Session
We would love to hear from you.