The Chapel at Croton Falls
Next Interfaith Sunday
If you are a spiritual seeker, you will enjoy the unique experience of our thoughtful, interactive and joy-filled Interfaith Sundays.
Refreshments are served following the service. Ceremonies and interfaith services are always free, but donations are gratefully appreciated.
Coming Interfaith Sundays
Sunday, September 17 – “The U.N. International Day of Peace”
Our annual celebration of peace among religions and peace among nations. Join us for our traditional re-dedication of our Chapel Peace Pole: May Peace Prevail on Earth.
Our very special guest will be Kulavadhuta Satpurananda, who was initiated at the age of 5 in his native Bengal into the secret oral tradition of the Great Indian Lineage of Buddhist Tantra – and then continued 29 years of arduous practices under masters of diverse traditions from the wrathful order of Sufism to the secret lineage of the Christian Gnostics.
The Chapel at Croton Falls has been hosting monthly interfaith Sundays since November 2010.
Every one of our services has been profound, joyful and unique.
All who attend enjoy these services, which include many forms of worship including drumming, chanting, meditation, prayer and movement. These elements, in harmony with one another around a central theme, always weave a sparkling whole, rich with meaning.
Presenters who have blessed us by sharing there wisdom have included:
- Bear Walker (Native American)
- Rabbi Susan Mitrani-Knapp (Jewish)
- Professor Susan Ironbiter (Buddhist)
- Rev. Melanie Gambino (Interfaith)
- Rev. Hans Hallundbaek (Christian)
- Rona Levine (Yoga)
- Professor Neela Saxena (Hindu)
- Renuka Kumar (Hindu)
- Rev. Patrick McCollum (Wiccan)
- Rev. David James (Christian)
- Fr. James Channan (Catholic) (Pakistan)
- Rabbi Roger Ross (Jewish)
- Amb. Mussie Hailu (Orthodox Christian) (Ethiopia)
- Dr. Jude Currivan, Author of “The Cosmic Hologram”
- Ben Bowler (Urantia Book), Founder of www.1God.com
- Grandmother Nancy Andry (Algonquin-Metis Tradition)
In addition, we have had wonderful music and presentations by:
- Miriam “Sita” Zernis (Kirtan)
- Chris Farrell (Piano)
- VivaStrings! (Student musicians from John Jay Middle School)
- Paul and Kathy Storfer (Guitar and voice)
- Dr. John Dubberstein (Sitar)
- Sylvia Bullett (Flute)
- Justin Pucila (Guitar)
- June Tompkins (Organ)
- Linda Law as The Green Woman
Interfaith Sundays at the Chapel offer a place to gather in worship with open minds and open hearts. Together, we are blazing new territory as a spiritual community of the 21st century.
Won’t you join us?
The Presbyterian Church (USA) at Croton Falls
P.O. Box 321 – 609, Route 22
Croton Falls NY 10519
914-277-4432, Pastor’s office: 914-263-2165
Terri Stockburger, Clerk of Session
We would love to hear from you.