The Chapel at Croton Falls
Next Interfaith Sunday
Sunday, February 18 – 10:30-12:00
POSTPONED TO SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25!
Special Guest: Mindahi Crescencio Bastida Munoz
Mindahi Crescencio Bastida Muñoz is the director of the Original Caretakers Initiative at the Center for Earth Ethics. He serves as the General Coordinator of the Otomi-Hñahñu Regional Council in Mexico, a caretaker of the philosophy and traditions of the Otomi people, and has been an Otomi Ritual Ceremony Officer since 1988. Born in Tultepec, Mexico, he holds a doctorate of rural development from the Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana and is the President of the Mexico Council of Sustainable Development.
If you are a spiritual seeker, you will enjoy the unique experience of our thoughtful, interactive and joy-filled Interfaith Sundays.
Refreshments are served following the service. Ceremonies and interfaith services are always free, but donations are gratefully appreciated.
Coming Interfaith Sundays
Sunday, March 18 – 10:30-12:00
Dr. Kurt Johnson, author of “The Coming Interspiritual Age”
The Chapel at Croton Falls has been hosting monthly interfaith Sundays since November 2010.
Every one of our services has been profound, joyful and unique.
All who attend enjoy these services, which include many forms of worship including drumming, chanting, meditation, prayer and movement. These elements, in harmony with one another around a central theme, always weave a sparkling whole, rich with meaning.
Presenters who have blessed us by sharing there wisdom have included:
- Bear Walker (Native American)
- Rabbi Susan Mitrani-Knapp (Jewish)
- Professor Susan Ironbiter (Buddhist)
- Rev. Melanie Gambino (Interfaith)
- Rev. Hans Hallundbaek (Christian)
- Rona Levine (Yoga)
- Professor Neela Saxena (Hindu)
- Renuka Kumar (Hindu)
- Rev. Patrick McCollum (Wiccan)
- Rev. David James (Christian)
- Fr. James Channan (Catholic) (Pakistan)
- Rabbi Roger Ross (Jewish)
- Amb. Mussie Hailu (Orthodox Christian) (Ethiopia)
- Dr. Jude Currivan, Author of “The Cosmic Hologram”
- Ben Bowler (Urantia Book), Founder of www.1God.com
- Grandmother Nancy Andry (Algonquin-Metis Tradition)
- Ven. Bikkhu Bodhi (Buddhist)
- Kulavadhuta Satpurananda (Tantric)
- Dr. Dorothy Maver (Ageless Wisdom)
- Pamela Yager (Quaker)
In addition, we have had wonderful music and presentations by:
- Miriam “Sita” Zernis (Kirtan)
- Chris Farrell (Piano)
- VivaStrings! (Student musicians from John Jay Middle School)
- Paul and Kathy Storfer (Guitar and voice)
- Dr. John Dubberstein (Sitar)
- Sylvia Bullett (Flute)
- Justin Pucila (Guitar)
- June Tompkins (Organ)
- Linda Law as The Green Woman
Interfaith Sundays at the Chapel offer a place to gather in worship with open minds and open hearts. Together, we are blazing new territory as a spiritual community of the 21st century.
Won’t you join us?
The Presbyterian Church (USA) at Croton Falls
P.O. Box 321 – 609, Route 22
Croton Falls NY 10519
914-277-4432, Pastor’s office: 914-263-2165
Terri Stockburger, Clerk of Session
We would love to hear from you.